Issued on 13/4/18 at 6:02 p.m.
A 36-year-old man has been sentenced to a 12 year jail sentence after admitting 17 sexual offences.
Robin Maughan, of HMP Leicester, is currently serving a 12 year sentence for sexual offences against two children and indecent images of children offences, after pleading guilty to 11 counts in March 2016.
Maughan appeared at Leicester Crown Court in May last year and pleaded guilty to:
• Two counts of intentionally causing or inciting a boy aged 15 to engage in sexual activity of a non-penetrative nature between September 2008 and August 2014
• Six counts of intentionally causing or inciting boys aged between 13 and 15, to engage in penetrative sexual activity between January 2012 and August 2014
• Four counts of intentionally sexually touching boys aged between 13 and 15 between September 2008 and January 2013
• Intentionally caused a boy between 13 and 14 to watch sexual acts between March 2012 and March 2014
• Intentionally sexually touched a boy between 15 and 16, without consent between March 2013 and March 2015
• One count of indecently assaulting a girl aged 14 by penetration, between November 2000 and November 2001
• Taking 81 indecent images of children of category B
• Taking 140 indecent images of children of category C
Investigating officer Rob Waddington said: “Maughan is a dangerous man, who befriended and then subjected young teenagers to sexual abuse over a number of months – and sometimes years – leaving them confused and afraid to report what was happening to them.
“This additional sentence will make sure that Maughan is in prison for many years to come where he unable to harm more vulnerable people.”
“I know there are more victims of Maughan who have yet to come forward to the police.
“If you, or anyone you know, wish to report any incidents concerning Maughan, they will be taken seriously. Please call us on 101 and quote incident 281 of 6 April. Reports will be passed directly to me and there are specially trained officers to help.”
• Maughan will serve a minimum of eight years before he is considered for parole.