Compentency Based Questionnaire (CBQ) / SEARCH assessment centre
We are able to accept transferred scores providing you meet the following requirements:
- competency based questionnaire (CBQ) – scores nine or above, with less than ten grammatical errors and must have been completed within the last six months before the 2 June 2017
- assessment centre – score a pass and mark of 50% or above obtained within the last six months before the 2 June 2017
- the transfer of scores can still apply if your application is in process with another force. However, in order to transfer your score to this process you must withdraw your application from the previous force.
You will need to provide proof of your score (either confirmation from another force or College of Policing) and submit it to us with your online application form by the application closing date.
If you have been declined at any other stage of the national process, for example national criteria, competency based questionnaire, assessment centre, medical, fitness and vetting you will not be able to transfer your score.
Applicants transferring scores should be aware of the following:
- your competency based questionnaire and assessment centre score will be added to the list of scores obtained by new applicants. You will then be placed in score order with all other applicants
- we are unable to confirm at this stage whether we will accept the national pass rate for competency based questionnaire (nine or above) or assessment centre (50% or above). In view of this we would not be able to guarantee that transferring your score would automatically secure you a place on the next stages of the recruitment process
- whether you are transferring your competency based questionnaire or assessment centre score you will be required to attend and pass the force interview
- the national recruitment process does not allow applicants to take more than one SEARCH assessment Centre in any six month period
- you can have only one live application with a force at any time.