- be aged 18 or over on Wednesday 31 January 2018
- be aged 57 or under on Wednesday 31 January 2018
- hold a level 3 qualification or equivalent (please check with your examining body if you are unsure of the level of qualification you hold. We will need to see original certificates later in the recruitment process). Visit 'What qualification levels mean' for information on qualification levels.
- have been a UK resident for the last three years
- be a UK, EU or Commonwealth citizen, with no restrictions on your stay in the UK
- hold a full UK/EU valid manual driving licence. The licence should be obtained on or before Wednesday 31 January 2018
- not be a member of an extreme political organisation such as BNP, National Front or Combat 18
- not have tattoos on your face, neck or hands which could cause offence. If you have a tattoo, you will be asked to provide a brief description and photographs of the tattoo. The nature, location, size, prominence and appearance of tattoos will be considered
- not have any serious convictions or recent cautions, bind-overs or findings of guilt
- not have any current County Court Judgements (CCJs) against you or be the subject of an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA). If you have been registered bankrupt you may only apply if it is at least three years since the date your debts were discharged
Please note: Detailed eligibility checks will not be carried out before the competency based questionnaire (CBQ) is assessed, due to the number of applications we receive. To avoid disappointment later in the process, carefully read all of the eligibility criteria above before applying.
You must not have
- an application turned down by a police force in the last six months at any part of the national process. The national process includes: competency based questionnaire (CBQ), SEARCH assessment, fitness test and pre-employment checks
- an ongoing application with any other force in England and Wales in accordance with national recruitment policy. (Please see the notes on transferred scores)