Have you got what it takes to become a PCSO?
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to creating a police force that is representative of the communities we serve.
Our applicants are not limited to any particular age group and we would encourage anyone looking for a change of career to apply.
Here are some basic requirements for applicants:
- you will need to hold a full UK manual driving license
- you must be aged 18 or over
- there are no minimum or maximum height requirements
- there are no formal educational requirements
- only applications from British citizens, EC/EEA nationals, Commonwealth citizens, or foreign nationals with indefinite leave to remain in the UK will be accepted
- you will require at least three years' residency in the UK
- you will need to complete a medical history questionnaire and undergo an eyesight test satisfactorily before appointment
- a number of offences will mean a definite or likely rejection of your application, including anyone who has received a formal caution or committed a violent crime or public order offence
- you must be physically and mentally able to undertake police duties
- some tattoos (whether visible or not) and facial piercing may be unacceptable
- you should have experience of working with Microsoft Office or equivalent.
Our PCSOs should
- be confident, level-headed and mature
- have experience and confidence in dealing with difficult people and complex situations
- be sensitive, but also thick-skinned
- demonstrate good communication skills
- work well as part of a team
- have the stamina for long stretches on foot patrol