Kate Hudson, our Children and Young Person officers will be hosting an online safety workshop at the Market Harborough, Council Chambers.
Kate has been touring Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland delivering her E-safety inputs to parents, guardians and professionals. The sessions are free to attend and do not require registration.
“The whole thing was brilliant. Very eye opening and thought provoking. I found learning about digital footprints interesting as I was not fully aware of the possible severity of this. Katie was absolutely wonderful and fully committed to her job and these sessions." - feedback from E-safety input attendee.
The session will include material created by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) and will provide parents/guardians/teachers and professionals an insight into what young people get up to online and how to protect them in the digital world.
During the session, you will find out more about:
- Kayleigh Haywood’s story and video
- E-safety statistics from year 6 & year 9 pupils
- New - E-safety statistics from parents
- What the risks are for young people on social media
- Digital footprint and sharing of personal information
- Common apps, games and sites
- Where to go for guidance
- How to report, and who to report to
When is it?
June 27th, 2018 17:30 - 18:30
Where is it?
Council Chambers, The Symington Building
Adam & Eve St