If you’ve been a victim or witness of crime, we want to make sure you get the help, advice and support you need.
This section will help you understand what you can expect from the criminal justice system including organisations that you can contact for free advice, practical information and emotional support.
- Next Steps and The Victim Personal Statement (VPS)
- Working together with the police to investigate your crime
- Protection against harassment or intimidation
- Criminal charges
- Going to court as a witness, The Witness Charter and The Witness Service Compensation
- Translation and Interpretation and Restorative Justice
- Conviction, sentence, release and probation supervision
- Further information and Citizens Advice
Visit gov.uk to find out more about the help and support available to you, your rights as a victim or witness of crime, and information about protection for victims and witnesses.