Members of the public sometimes require their fingerprints to be taken for a number of reasons, including:
- When applying for a visa
- When looking to foster or adopt a child
- When looking to work in schools
- If you have worked overseas and require checks to be carried out by the country you have worked in to ensure you have no criminal convictions when applying for certain jobs in the UK
Our fingerprinting service
Leicestershire Police offers a fingerprinting service during office hours at its Force Headquarters. Fingerprints can be taken by advanced booking only.
The requesting agency will provide all documentation to let you know what additional information you will need to bring with you.
Arrange an appointment
To arrange an appointment, please call Leicestershire Police on 101, dialling extension 2314 or 2828. Alternatively, you can email [email protected]
We will always try to arrange an appointment as soon as possible, but please allow up to one weeks notice to allow for staff availability.
How much does the service cost?
For the following locations, the cost of this service is £74.00 for one set of prints and £36.90 for each additional set of prints.
- St Vincent and Grenadines
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)/ Qatar
- Abu Dhabi
There is no VAT charge.
All other counties are £74.00 plus VAT for one set of prints and £36.90 plus VAT for each additional set of prints.