The financial challenge

The police service is funded in two ways. Government grants make up 67 per cent of Leicestershire Police’s budget and the other 33 per cent is raised through council tax.

Between 2010 and 2015, the force found savings of £36.1 million, which put us in a stronger position. We now know that we need to make savings of at least £500,000 during 2017/18. Although we are waiting for confirmation of our future overall target, we are already starting to plan potential savings.

Share this page: